Moonee Valley Foundation Grants
Moonee Valley Foundation awards two sets of grants each year: our main Awards of Excellence and School Encouragement Awards.
Awards of Excellence
Applications open in March each year and close on May 31
Our grants recognise excellence in a chosen field of interest, whether this is academic, sporting, environmental, artistic or vocational. These grants may be used to fund expenses such as:
- Costs associated with education or training
- Travel to and attendance at a conference or event
- Tools and equipment
- The commercialisation of academic projects
We especially welcome initiatives that aim or have the potential to improve the lives and experiences of people in the City of Moonee Valley. We support projects that:
- Meet an identified local community need, and/or
- Promote and enable community access, participation and/or inclusion, especially to diverse, disadvantaged or marginalised communities.
Grants up to the total value of $10,000 are available each year.
For application forms, click here.
To be eligible for a Moonee Valley Foundation Grant, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be part of the Moonee Valley community, i.e. live, work, play sport in the municipality.
- Be between 17-32 years of age.
- Be able to use the funding within 2 years of receiving the grant.
Written applications and personal interviews are assessed on the following basis:
- Community benefit of the activity.
- Demonstrated excellence in your field of endeavour e.g. academic, competition results, involvement in extra-curricular activities, professional recognition or community involvement.
- Importance of proposal to your chosen field of endeavour.
- Personal presentation skills and ability to advocate on behalf of your application and field of endeavour.
School Encouragement Grants
Applications open in September each year and close in November.
School Encouragement Grants are awarded to a Year 12 student in each of the participating colleges in the City of Moonee Valley. Each school in invited to nominate a student to receive the encouragement award in recognition of their resilience, determination or courage.
Each student is eligible for a $150 grant.
For application forms, click here