Community and Academic Grants
Moonee Valley Foundation Community Grants
Community grants support local community-minded initiatives that aim to improve the lives and experiences of people in the City of Moonee Valley. Community grants support initiatives that:
- Meet an identified local community need, and/or
- Promote and enable community access, participation and/or inclusion, especially to diverse, disadvantaged or marginalised communities.
Moonee Valley Foundation Academic Grants
Academic grants recognise educational excellence in a chosen field of interest. These grants may be used to fund expenses such as:
- Costs associated with education or training
- Travel to and attendance at a conference or event
- Tools and equipment
- The commercialisation of academic projects
Grants up to the total value of $20,000 are available for community and academic grants.
For application forms, click here MVF-Grant-Application-Form-2019
To be eligible for a Moonee Valley Foundation Community or Academic Grant, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be part of the Moonee Valley community, i.e. live, work, play sport in the municipality.
- Be between 17-32 years of age.
- Be able to use the funding within 2 years of receiving the grant.
Written applications and personal interviews are assessed on the following basis:
- Community benefit of the activity.
- Demonstrated excellence in your field of endeavour e.g. academic, competition results, involvement in extra-curricular activities, professional recognition or community involvement.
- Importance of proposal to your chosen field of endeavour.
- Personal presentation skills and ability to advocate on behalf of your application and field of endeavour.
School Encouragement Grants
School Encouragement Grants are awarded to a VCE student in each of the participating colleges in the City of Moonee Valley. The participating schools nominate a student to receive the encouragement award in recognition of their outstanding achievements.
Each student is eligible for a $150 grant.
For application forms, click here